How to rent without a guarantor
With Garantia BA you can rent without the need of an owner guarantor.
What does it consist of?
The program allows you to contact different insurance companies which will give you a guarantee with exclusive benefits. Please note: the BA guarantee system only works for rental within CABA. It can be a surety bond or a bank guarantee with preferential characteristics so that you can start renting with:
- A lower cost of access.
- Financing of the guarantee in installments.
- Deposit fee included in the guarantee.
In addition, if you have an Argentinean ID card, you can have access to a subsidy, through the IVC (Housing Institute), to make the Guarantee even more accessible. Know more here.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Have an Argentinean ID card or a passport.
- Be a Registered Student from universities in CABA (Autonomous City of Buenos Aires) or AMBA (Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires)
- Have a total family income equivalent to more than two and less than seven adjustable minimum living wage.
- The monthly rent must not exceed 30% of the declared individual/family net monthly income.
- Not having an unfavorable financial background.
What is the process like?
- Register on the Garantia BA website
- Complete the form with your personal data.
- In a maximum period of 72 hours you will receive an email to inform you if you have been selected to obtain your BA Guarantee.
You may also be interested in
Tips for getting around by public transport
How to get from the airport to the city, what card you need to access our transportation system, where you can consult about the circuits you want to take, how ...
What is the cost of living in Buenos Aires?
Learn about our local currency, how much you need to live by month and compare different cities in the world with Buenos Aires.
Who to turn to if you have a problem
The City has a Tourist Defense Office which provides information, advice, complaint management and assistance to all tourists and international students.